International Christian Community Development seeks to bring God glory through obedience to the Great Commission given to us by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. In humble service, through God’s grace alone, we strive to set a Christ-like example, promoting a Biblical Worldview. Through teaching conversational English, leading Bible studies, organizing Roma Outreach Programs, and Summer English/Outreach Camps, and various other tasks the Lord calls us to, we seek to build relationships with those we serve, pointing them towards Christ.
It is our aim to acknowledge Christ as preeminent in all things and through God’s grace alone, to build relationships with high school and university students who will soon form the newest generation of leadership in their communities, families and churches. Humbly, we strive to set a Christ-like example, promoting a Biblical Worldview in an effort to encourage the seed of faith to not only grow, but to flourish.
Recognizing that we are in fact foreigners, we work with and partner with local Pastors, teachers, churches and organizations to support their efforts and outreach.
What We Believe
We believe that the Bible is the Holy and infallible Word of God written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. We believe the Bible to be the total and complete revelation of God.
We believe that there is only one, living and true God. There are three persons in the Godhead, that is the Trinity, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. All three being one and the same in substance, equal in power and glory.
We believe that we are sinful in nature and that we offend God, because God is holy and cannot tolerate sin. We believe that salvation is not earned by works, but is received as a gift through grace, through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
We believe in the call to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ given to us in the Great Commission.
We conform to Reformed doctrines and the Five Solae.
- Sola fide – By faith alone
- Sola scriptura – By scripture alone
- Solus christus – Through Christ alone
- Sola gratia – By grace alone
- Soli deo gloria – Glory to God alone
If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:17-18
International Christian Community Development (ICCD) is a non-profit 501(c)3 founded in 2006 by Eric Hoeksema. ICCD began in an effort to assist and work with an established local Hungarian Reformed Christian high school which started after the fall of the Soviet Union in Transcarpathia, Ukraine. Currently Eric and his wife, Stacey, and their son, Hans, serve in Transcarpathia, Ukraine 6-8 months of the year with their remaining time spent in North Carolina working in agriculture to help support themselves and their ministry in Eastern Europe.
Using the English language as a means to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and build purposeful relationships, Eric and Stacey spend their time in Ukraine and Hungary in a variety of tasks, including:
- leading English Bible Studies for university students and young adults
- teaching conversational English classes at a Hungarian Reformed High School
- teaching conversational English classes at a local university
- conducting English clubs
- organizing an International Student Program providing students from Ukraine with an opportunity to attend a Christian high school in America and live with a Christian host family
- organizing and leading Bible Retreat weekends for young adults
- organizing and leading a series of English and Outreach Summer Camps in Ukraine, Hungary, and Croatia
- organizing, recruiting, and hosting volunteers for Summer English Camps in Ukraine, Hungary, and Croatia
- organizing and supervising an outreach program to Roma (Gypsy) youth
- establishing a Sunday School program for local Roma children led by local high school students
- partnering and working with a local Roma kindergarten
- Most importantly we strive to develop relationships with people in order to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the forgiveness of sins and the freedom that is ours in Christ, and the gift of eternal life
Hans and Petra have become such an important part of our ministry. He loves to be with people and he has opened many doors for us in getting to know people in our village and local area.
We are thankful for the continued support of so many individuals who both financially support us and pray for us in our ministry here in Eastern Europe. We are also thankful to the four churches who officially support us and our ministry. Covenant United Reformed Church in Pantego, North Carolina, Lucas Christian Reformed Church in McBain Michigan, Redeemer Orthodox Presbyterian Church in Ada, Michigan, and Rudyard Christian Reformed Church in Rudyard, Michigan.